The new Avondale Audio HCR200 is being introduced for those
listeners whom would like to experience the increased detail,
transparency and overall musical insight brought forward by
accurate regulation of the power supply. The power supply feeds
the delicate circuits that deal with the signal, stable, precise power
supply rails, even under heavy transient swings, result in clearer
The circuit, carefully modified by Les Wolstenholme, is largely
based upon the original 'NAPS' regulator circuit, that used in the
well-known Naim NAP250 and NAP135 power amplifiers.
Using this improved design, highest grade available components
and painstaking layout we are proud to bring you the new High
Current Regulator. A few of the immediate upgrades in the layout
and materials are:
· Thick 2mm PCB substrate with gold plated pads
· Double thickness copper track for reduced impedance
· Tight tolerance metal film resistors
· Premium Polystyrene capacitors
· High grade Panasonic electrolytics
· Significantly raised current capability
· None intrusive, independent thermal cut off implementation
Suited to the Naim NAP180, NAP250, NAP135 though the modular
design lends itself perfectly to those who would like to try them in
their own build.
This product is undergoing final adjustments before release.